My saviour face cream!


I never used to use face cream. My skin has always been greasy and face creams just seemed to make it worse, bringing me out in pimples. But a combination of turning 30 and seeing some of my friends begin to get a little crepey around the eyes prompted me to start thinking about looking after my skin... after all, I'm no spring chicken anymore!

First I tried Boots No7 day cream. Nice consistency, nice smell and although it did leave my skin feeling a bit greasy it sank in quite quickly. Great! Perhaps I'd found my perfect face cream first go!


Once my pot had finished I thought I'd try Olay 7 signs... sucked in by marketing I figured it was an excellent all rounder. The pump dispenser was good as I could keep track and measure how much I was using, but the cream didn't absorb as quickly as No7 and left my skin feeling slightly greasy. Definitely not a No7 beater!

Months and months later (the Olay cream seemed to last forever!) I tried Nivea Q10. The packaging was deceptive, a large box with a tiny pot of cream inside! The consistency was nice and thick, but when I used it, my face was so sticky and greasy afterwards that my makeup seemed to slide around my face. Definitely the worst of the bunch so far!

I hadn't even used a quarter of my pot when I saw my Mum had an offer on the Neals Yard Organics products she sells. I love anything Rose scented, and she had a daily moisturiser, so I thought I'd give it a go. The smell was fantastic and when I squeezed it out the tube it had a rather liquid consistency. As soon as I applied it to my face it started to absorb... so much so that I had to use more than I would of my other creams! It sank in like magic! It also left my skin perfectly matt... no greasy residue whatsoever! It was the perfect base for my makeup and my foundation glided on perfectly! I've definitely found my perfect skin cream! As an added bonus, after reading an article stating anything under factor 30 was useless to protect your skin, this wonder cream was factor 30! It's actually quite hard to find creams with a UVA and UVB protection that high!

So as you can tell, I'm loving my new face cream!! If you'd like to try Neals Yard products you can order them here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts