How happy can a toilet make you?

Well, seriously... I guess if you have an extreme bout of tummy trouble, the sight of a toilet may make you deliriously happy... but in the absence of digestive problems, a lavatory shouldn't *really* make you squee with glee...! Having said that, I am ashamed to admit that since I took it upon myself to finally tackle the final room in our house that hadn't been attacked with a paintbrush since we moved in almost a year ago, the sight of our loo makes me sigh a little sigh of happiness. Every time I walk up the stairs the past two days, I've thought (and to be honest, said out loud to future hubby if he's in earshot) with satisfaction, damn my loo looks good! Who knew I would be so happy with a little room I decorated myself. Our toilet room has been a nasty florescent green since we bought our place... and being the easiest to decorate, was left alone whilst we tackled the larger jobs. Fast forward 10 months, and the paint brushes had been packed away and the "easy" job neglected. Well, last weekend I got itchy fingers, and after randomly getting a vision of a nice feature wall covered in higgledy piggledy picture frames in various bright colours (don't ask me where the idea materialised from... I have no idea. These things just pop into my head randomly. Can't explain it but it can be a dangerous thing leading to spontaneous shopping trips!) I decided to make my dream reality and to paint the loo. One coat of White emulsion and a lot of paint splatter and aching arms later, I was regretting it. The Walls were decidedly less green, but decidedly not White. So one week later, a trip to Homebase and armed with more paint, a roll of snazzy wallpaper (that future hubby was not convinced about) and some instant wallpaper paste, I tied back my hair, donned my decorating clothes, and attacked the room again, determined not to let my pet project span three weeks... because I'm impatient and don't like the in between bit from idea to finished product! Anyways the end result look fantabulous, and obviously I am disproportionately pleased with the finished room, as it now has it's own blog post, complete with montage before and after photo! I can finally tick off "paint the toilet" off on my Epic Win app! Yay me! *sigh* never tire waking up our stairs and seeing the best room in the house! (god I'm sad...) eek! >.<









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Laura Lou said…
Omg!! I love it! I love that wall paper! Love the frames too!
Laura Lou said…
Omg!! I love it! I love that wall paper! Love the frames too!
Yy said…
Love how you've decorated it, makes my house look really simple now...need to have a think of what I need to do next! x

Popular Posts