A woman's work is never done!

Sunday is a day of rest right? Wrong! It's now 4pm and I have only JUST sat down! Phew! With Kimchi studying so hard for exams, I've had to do most of our chores myself. Who knew there was SO much to do when you had your own house! It's exhausting! So what's kept me so busy? Well, so far today I've:
  1. Hammered nails into the pink bedroom wall and hung up the porcelain swallows I bought from Bluewater yesterday (Kimchi hates them and thinks they look old fashioned but I think they look FAB and it's MY room to do what I want with, so NER!)
  2. Been to Tesco's and bought the weekly groceries
  3. Been to Homebase and bought our very first Christmas tree! YAY! And I got a fab deal as it's a prelit 6ft tree reduced from £99 to £49... I used our £20 Homebase voucher (a housewarming present from my Aunty) and another Homebase discount voucher I got in the post (£5 off when you spend £30) so we got a £100 tree for £25! Bargain! Now we just need baubles for it or it's going to look veeeeeeeeery bare...
  4. Came home, unpacked all the shopping.
  5. Nipped to Mum and Dads to give my little sis some of the banana cake I baked, as I promised her some.
  6. Came back, duct taped up our bin lid (because the lid has a crack and rain water was getting in. Yesterday I had to tip out a 1/4 of a wheelie bin of rancid rotten rubbish slush which STUNK... I almost puked emptying it...)
  7. De-scaled the steel sink, because the draining board was limescale encrusted. I may hate that shouty guy from the advert, but Cillit Bang really DOES do the job!
  8. Cooked spaghetti bolognaise for lunch (having a buff boyfriend has it's benefits of course, but the downside is, he requires constant feeding. A simple sandwich does NOT cut it for lunch).
  9. Prepared dinner for tomorrow (moon fun) - marinated, chopped and fried chicken thighs and lap cheung. Soaked the dried shrimp and dong gu (because every Sunday I have to cook Monday's dinner... no time to cook before college!).
  10. Baked some sultana and apple rock cakes because I had a pile of apples that needed using up.
  11. Washed up 2 meals and one batch of rock cakes worth of washing up.
Phew!

AND I still have to cook dinner tonight. Lime and chilli mackrel fillets with mange tout and baby potatoes. 

Like I said, a woman's work is never done. I need to win the lottery and get a maid! hehee!

Comments

Chelsea T said…
You're incredible! I admire you, hands down.
Will and I stayed at home the whole Sunday, watching nerdy documentaries. I did cook pho, but since Friday...

The thing is hon, even if you win the lottery you probably won't get a maid. You just love doing house work :) Like me!!! The only difference is that I'm lazier than you :p

Popular Posts