Chislehurst fireworks

What an unexpected delight last night's fireworks display was. I was feeling pretty damn lazy and was planning on hibernating, but thought as a photographer, staying at home would be verging on criminal, so I dragged my sorry butt out to Chislehurst recreation ground last night to watch their bonfire and firework display. Glad I did! The bonfire was HUGE! Most impressive bonfire I've seen (and kept us toasty warm while a premature count down for the commencement of the display left us waiting a bit). Then started the music and a jaw dropping display of sparkly colourful whizzes, squees, bangs and whooshes. The timing was excellent and even I couldn't keep in the oohs and aahs! I think my favourite had to be the awe inspiring glittery waterfall which exploded mid air and twinkled, raining down streaks of sparkly glitter for minutes. Amazing!

Anyway, I got some good shots stood in the cold with my Nikon D5000 on a tripod, but all my favourite shots I took on this iPhone 4!! Here's a mixture of both.

























And even more exciting, chislehurst news tweeted me asking if I'd mind them featuring my photos on their site! Click here!

Yay!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts