Another year older and wiser?

Well, I am now another year older! Yesterday was my birthday and I am now closer to 30 than 25. I think if yesterday is a reflection on how 2009 and my 28th year is going to pan out, then this year is going to be the best yet. Everything was wonderful. I got a gazillion birthday wishes from friends on facebook (plus a few thoughtful people wished me more personally on email and text... a sign of the times when people don't call anymore HAHA), I got some beautiful jewellery, flowers, birthday cards and presents, had lunch bought for me, I got to leave work early (which was brilliant and a nice added extra to my day!), got taken to the nicest Thai restaurant on the river and felt completely spoilt rotten all day!

So now I'm 28. I always had an irrational fear of turning this age. 28 always freaked me out. Not 29, not 30, but 28. I guess in my warped brain, 28 seems like you're no longer close to 25 anymore... time to grow up. Well, we all know THAT'S not going to happen, I'm totally idiotic and think it's in my genes (thanks MUM!), but maybe this year I should start thinking about finally getting my own place and doing something worth while rather than plodding along... not that plodding along hasn't been absolutely fantastic so far...

So 28 is not so bad I think... 2009 is going to be even better than 2008! Law of attraction, it WILL be. I can tell.

Comments

Anonymous said…
happy birthday, i hope u get everything u wish for and that you make even greater progress in 2009 x

Popular Posts