Crazy things kids say

Maybe it's because I'm a parent now and know I have all this to look forward to, but this discussion had me laughing til I cried and equally creeped me out last night (to the point where munchkin started crying and I actually hesitated going in to check on her because I was scared there'd be a creepy little kid watching me from the corner of the room! Ha!).

Kids say the funniest things... take my cousin's little girl... she told her mummy her pants kept her bum from falling off! Haha! She also, when asked how much she loved her mummy, answered "14 hours". How do kids brains work?! So funny!

Anyway here's a few of my favourite stories from the link. For a good laugh, go read the whole thing here: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1d2v7i/parents_of_reddit_what_is_the_creepiest_thing (make sure you don't read right before bed, or even worse like I did IN bed. You'll scare the crap out of yourself with some of these!!)

I was sound asleep, and at around 6am I was woken up by my 4 year old daughters face inches from mine. She looked right into my eyes and whispered, "I want to peel all your skin off".
The backstory here is I had been sunburned the previous week, and was starting to peel. In my sleep addled state however, it was pretty terrifying for a few seconds. I didn't know if I was dreaming, or what was going on.

My son (about 6) asked my mother to lay down on her stomach, then he sat on her butt and started bouncing up and down and proclaimed, "Now we're mating like reptiles!" Thanks Discovery Channel!

Getting my two and a half year old daughter out of the bath one night, my wife and I were briefing her on how important it was she kept her privates clean. She casually replied "Oh, nobody 'scroofs' me there. They tried one night. They kicked the door in and tried but I fought back. I died and now I'm here." She said this like it was nothing.

My toddler went through a phase where she would just constantly say 'hi' to things. "Hi hi hi hi hi hi"
One day, it came out sounding more like "Die die die die die"
So I say to her "What's that you're saying?"
And she turns to face me and just whispers "Diiiieeeeeee......."

When I was about 4, I would remember talking to "Mr.Peterson" whenever I was at my grandmothers house. He looked like a hobo from the great depression and had a guitar and sang me old timey blues, he told me that he died when he fell of a train he was riding whist drunk on moonshine. I stopped seeing him when I was about 6.
Anyway, 6 months ago I found my dads old acoustic guitar and started playing, and my little cousin told me "Mr.Peterson is proud of you!" And left.
I dont know what to think

A friend of mine's child told him "Daddy, I love you so much that I want to cut your head off and carry it around so I can see your face whenever I want."

My noticeably pregnant sister and I were having a conversation at the dining room table. My 4 year old son was also present and asked my sister if there was a baby in her belly. She affirmed. He, completely straight faced, slid from his chair and headed for the kitchen saying "We need to get it out. I'll go get the knife. " I don't even know...

Between the ages of two and six my son would tell me the same story of how he picked me to be his mother. He said something about being with a man in a suit and picking a mother that would help him accomplish his souls mission (I'm atheist, so we didn't discuss spirituality at that point, nor was he raised in any sort of religious environment). The way he described it was that it was similar to grocery shopping, that he was in a bright room with people who were lined up like dolls, and that he picked me. The man in the suit asked him if he was sure, he replied that he was, and then he was born.
My son also had an early fascination with WWII era planes. He could identify them, their parts, what region they were used in and the like. I still have no idea where he got that information. I'm a science gal, his dad is a math guy.
We have always called him "Grandpa" because of his peaceful and gingerly demeanor. This kid seriously has an old soul.

I have a three year old who says some pretty strange stuff....
Last night: "Mommy.. the man, the very big man with big yellow eyes is looking at you."
I look.. nothing. I tell him there is no man and he is make-believe. My son laughs, "Oh he is hiding now." --- 2 minutes later, "Oh no Mommy, you made him very mad. Now he says he will come when you are sleeping."
Few weeks ago he tells me, "I'm not going to be four. I'm doing to die. And you will put me down, down, down in the hole." I tell him that isn't true, and who told him that. He gets quiet and goes, "The man told me. But I will be scared, so after three night-nights you die too and come with me."
Sheesh. As if I didn't have bad dreams already.

So a friend of mine was six years old when she told her mother that "the lady who use to live here told me that she hates the wallpaper" and that "you are covering her note". My friends mom just thought it was make believe rambling and forgot about it. Well, twelve years later when the mom is redecorating and taking down the wallpaper in the attic, she finds a suicide note scratched into the wall. The mom freaks the fuck out and calls my friend and starts crying asking if she remembered anything more about the women who spoke to her. My friend starts to recall the woman and starts to freak out saying she only remembered talking to her in the attic.

OK, backstory time. When I was a kid "Mr. Rand" used to come into my room 4 or 5 times a week. He'd talk to me and tell me about 'stuff' and how he was killed in WW2. See Ol' mate Rand was a figment of my 4 year old imagination. Any way one day when I was 9 or so Mr. Rand stopped showing up.
Fast forward to about 3 years ago and my son, who is about 5 at the time, walks out of his room one night at about 11:30and says there's a man in his room. I flip out And run in his room to find nobody to which he then says "Mr. Rand said you can't see him anymore, but he's ok!". The kids got his own imaginary mate called Mr. Rand, but they only chat once or twice a year.


Comments

Popular Posts