Pregnancy cravings?

Since announcing I'm pregnant, people have asked me did I get morning sickness, has my sense of smell become near superhuman, am I craving anything etc etc, all of which I have to answer no. I always thought you had these extreme side effects when you conceive, but I have to say that I'm rather boring! I had slight nausea, and my sense of taste went a bit off in the first few weeks, but that was it other than the extreme tiredness. I have found that I easily become slightly obsessive with food though! Not in a bad way, I'm not developing an eating disorder, before you all freak out (mum!). No, more as in, once I eat something and really enjoy it, I have to have it ALL the time!

It started off with bags of sweet and salty popcorn from Pret. I bought one bag as I fancied it, and before I knew it I was going through double sized bags from Tescos every day! Then it was chicken and avocado sandwiches (again from Pret), which I really fancied and then ate for several days in a row. Now I'm not bothering with the bread or chicken and just eating avocados with a spoon. Yum. Then there's the ice cream. I don't know if it's because I read somewhere that ice cream is good for getting your calcium intake (it probably is!) but I just LOVE ice cream, more than usual. At first it was any ice cream, but it's developed in to a mint choc chip addiction. I think it's the cleanness of the mint in my mouth, but it has to be mint choc chip! I have been good though, buying low fat ice cream lollies! Shame they don't do mint choc mini milks! Omg that would be soooooo goooood....

I've also become addicted to rooibos (red bush) tea since giving up caffeine. I HAVE to have my cup on the way to work or I feel like I've missed something. I even think I prefer it to normal tea now! Delicious!

So, do those count as cravings? Or just me being a piggy? Im not sure to be honest! but it's made me hungry so I'm off to find some food! Nom nom nom....

Comments

Popular Posts