Bunions!




Bunions. Sounds like such an old lady affliction. But that's what I have. For as long as I can remember I've had horrible ugly wonky feet. One of my ex boyfriends even refused to touch my feet at all! And as I've gotten older they've gotten progressively worse. And painful. So I finally gave in and got an appointment so see the orthopaedic surgeon. The result? Some rather crazy x-rays of my bent bones and an appointment to have both feet operated under local (yes local... I'll be awake!) anaesthetic. Apparently I'll want to bring an iPod to keep me occupied through the 3 hour surgery (and to mask the sound of the surgeon hacking bits of my bones off!). Thankfully there'll be a screen up so I can't see what they're doing down there! I've told them it'll have to be after the wedding, as I'd like to walk down the aisle rather than hobble on crutches! The upside is future hubby will have to take over all cooking duties as I'll be under strict instructions to keep my feet elevated at a 45 degree angle and to not stand for 2-3 weeks! After that I'll be wearing those ugly plastic boot things and crutches for another 6 weeks. They said even after that it'll take 3-6 months for all swelling to go down. Apparently Uggs are the best thing to wear!! Nice and comfy and padded!

So now I wait for the op date! Bye bye bunions!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts