Mango tree


We went out for dinner last night to The Mango tree in Victoria. The food was yummy and the place itself was really cool! Very posh and expensive so good thing I booked it through top table to get 50% off the food bill! The total came to £45 so would have cost us around £75 if we hadn't had the discount! Shame I got a tummy ache half way through the meal though! I was in agony!!

I had seafood kebabs with peanut sauce for starters and Sea Bass wrapped in a banana leaf for mains, plus Mango sorbet for dessert... yummy.... the other half did attempt to embarrass me by wrapping his napkin around his face like a train robber which I made him take off, but apart from that he was quite well behanved... glad I made him wear his coat instead of his hoodie as well or I'd have been embarrassed to walk in there with him!

We've decided sitting at home every night watching TV is very boring so once a week we're going to do something fun! This week was The Mango Tree, and at the end of April I managed to get a table at Pont de la Tour in Butler's Wharf for a special deal 3 courses for £15! Amazing considering main courses in there are around £20 on their own!

PLUS we've booked flights to go to Spain to visit Mum and Dad in June for Dad's 60th and we're going to do 3 days in Morocco! woohoo! AND we're going to go to Bath over Easter weekend....

Lots to look forward to at the moment which is good... must remember to take Woody on all these breaks we have planned!

Oh! and my irish cookbook has arrived so I can finally start making kedgeree and potato cakes woohoo!!!

Comments

Popular Posts