Shooting munchkin

No I'm not talking about child brutality and gun crime... I'm talking about taking semi professional looking photos of munchkin at home. Ever since I got pregnant I've been looking forward to documenting my little ones early days with my trusty SLR. Hours of browsing Pinterest for photography ideas, grand designs for the perfect posed images of a sleeping curled up baby... And then BAM she was born and the illusion was shattered! Good luck getting a photo of a nudie newborn when they're screaming and weeing all over your nicely laid blanket! When they ARE sleeping peacefully, all you're thinking about is either napping yourself or cramming whatever food is at hand in your gob before they stir and you have to pick them up again!

Fast forward almost (but not quite) 3 months and finally munchkin is a happier baby and quite content to pose for the camera. Finally I can get some shots of her in the amazing crochet dragon blanket my mum made for her. That's not to say getting the photos was easy! I still had to choose my moment carefully, wait til she was in a good mood, speedily undress her and prop her up, throw some blankets into a makeshift back drop and snap as many shots as I could before she got fed up and tired of being on her tummy (which isn't long!)!

As soon as she had her nap, I jumped on the PC and did a quick bit of photoshop editing and voila!

This is why my house is a mess... I keep choosing photo editing over vacuuming! Oops! Still not 100% pleased with the finished photos but they're not bad for a quick 5 minute snap jobby! Plus it helps having such a cute subject to photograph!



Comments

Popular Posts