Mandarin reading practice: grammar 要...了, 是...的 and 还是

I figured it's been a while since I posted some practice vocab from my Chinese lessons... and as my last lesson had lots of grammar I'll never remember if I don't write it down, this is a good opportunity to practice!

Ok first off....

 要...了 sentences

These type of sentence structure is used when something is about to happen. For example:

火车
huo che yao kai le
The train is about to depart

到北京
kuai yao dao bei jing le
about to arrive at Beijing

是...的 sentences

These type of sentences are used when something had occurred in the past. For example:

坐飞机来
wo shi zuo fei ji lai de
I came here by airplane

在哪儿买?
You bought where?

还是 either or questions

These are used when you ask a question with two possible answers. For example:

你喝咖啡还是喝茶?
ni he ka fei hai shi he cha?
Do you drink coffee or tea?

你六点去还是七点去?
ni liu dian qu hai shi qi dian qu?
You go at six o'clock or seven o'clock?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts