#grateful365

I often get little glimmers of ideas. Never when I'm sat at a desk or working. I usually get them when I'm out and about... more often than not while I'm sat on a bus or a train. This morning I had a little lightbulb moment and have decided to tweet it!

Every morning I get a bus to the train station. My house is on the other side of a busy road, so I have to cross a pedestrian crossing with traffic lights to get to the bus stop. Usually I see a bus coming down the road, hit the button for the pedestrian crossing, wait, get to the central reservation, and hit the button to cross over the other side. Sometimes the lights go red for both directions of traffic and I make it across the road to catch the bus. Sometimes, if someone's just crossed ahead of me, I have to wait for the green man to blink "cross"... and I miss the bus.

This morning I got onto the main road and saw a bus trundling towards the stop. A woman had just used the crossing and was dashing towards the stop, so I knew the traffic lights wouldn't change quickly enough for me to get across and make it to the bus. I thought sod it and didn't hurry, pressing the button an waiting for the green man. I got over to the middle of the road and realised the bus was still at the bus stop. I crossed the other side and ran to the bus, climbed on, and breathlessly thanked the drive and she resumed her journey. She'd seen me crossing the road and had waited for me.

As I sat down I thought about what a rare gesture that was (most bus drivers take a twisted pleasure in seeing people dash to make the bus only to be left panting and angry on the curb as the bus drivers slam the doors shut and drive off). I was so grateful she'd waited.

Grateful. The word triggered something in the back of my mind. For ages I've been wanting to start a new project 365, but my current one isn't finished yet. I'd thought of taking a photo a day of something I'm grateful for. Doing so would make me think carefully every day for my blessings and remind me o be grateful for the things I have. But I still have another 100 days left on my current 365 photo project. Then it came to me. Why not start a #grateful365 project on twitter! A tweet a day for the things I'm grateful for! So there you have it. My new project. And today's tweet:




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts