Public positivity via compact disc

When I'm bored, I like to browse photos on Instagram. For those of you who don't have an iPhone, instagram is a great photography app that let's you "follow" other people's stream of photos, as well as take photos of your own and add groovy filters to produce lomo effect photography.


Anyway in a fit of boredom one evening I was browsing the popular photos on instagram and came across public_positivity_guerilla. Maybe it was the username, I'm not sure why else I would have dipped into their other photos, but I'm glad I did. Sometimes, when you're in need of a nudge or looking for positive inspiration, the universe answers.


This person basically makes CDs of music, leaves a message on the front, and leaves them for other people to find. Why? To brighten a stranger's day. And the lucky soul who finds the CD is encouraged to pay it forward (the title of a wonderful film incidentally which everyone should watch). What a wonderful idea! Simple yet inspiring. I find that music alters my mood dramatically, and whenever i need a reminder to think positive, I bung on my specially prepared playlist and I'm on the up again! So how brilliant is it to spread that feeling! It's made me want to do the same thing!

So! I plan to make a CD of all my favourite positivity-inducing tracks (Jason Mraz will probably feature quite highly!) and do a CD drop somewhere in London! I'll leave the web address of my blog on the CD cover and see if the lucky stranger is willing to post a comment and say hi! If not, no matter! I just hope my CD makes someone smile!

So why not try it yourself and make someone smile?! Big thanks to Positivity Guerilla for being a little bit of my positive thinking regime for this month!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Yy said…
interesting! I hope someone finds it x

Popular Posts