Happy Halloween!

Tonight we carved my boyfriends first pumpkin! Yes he has never enjoyed the Halloween tradition of chopping up a large vegetable to resemble a spooky skull! Emptying the inside of the pumpkin was met with lots of ewwws and urghs of disgust, followed by frantic kitchen roll swiping as mr OCD tried to minimise mess as I slopped pumpkin innards and seeds into the bin (and surrounding floor). When asked what kind of eyes we should give our pumpkin, he said he wanted a Lady Gaga face, so we gave our pumpkin head a star shaped eye. I chose a cartoon style eye for the other side (which he scoffed at and said I'd never be able to carve, but I did! Ha!).

I think we did a good job on our first pumpkin, although no where near as good as some that have been going round work on email!

Anyway once the novelty wears off I'll be hunting online for pumpkin soup/pie/pancake recipes, but for now HAPPY HALLOWEEN!














Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Bill (葛威) said…
Little late now, but next time hang on to the seeds. Great for roasting.

Popular Posts