An education in zombies

Those of you who know me will be familiar with the fact that there are two types of horror film/TV genre I love. One is vampires (I fell in love with the bloodsuckers waaaaaay before the whole Twilight obsession made vamp-loving mainstream, with Interview with a Vampire and Brahm Stoker's Dracula... although modern day screen and book epics like the Twilight saga and True Blood have ignited my passion). The other is ZOMBIES!

From iPhone games such as Plants vs Zombies, to films, I love those brain-chomping lurchers! Perhaps my walking undead appreciation started late with 28 days later, a film which was set in London (my home town) which earned it brownie points. The concept of a virus outbreak in the UK, with no ridiculous Hollywood fight scenes or over the top special effects, majorly freaked me out. Perhaps that's the draw. You don't want to look but you can't look away. The sequel 28 weeks later, although not as good, just fuelled my love of the genre. Other films such as the Resident Evil series have me eeping with fright and yet wanting to see more.

So, imagine my delight when my sister emailed me a link to this BBC News article! Yes, if you are at the University of Baltimore, you can now study.... ZOMBIES! The course states it shall prepare you for a zombie apocalypse, studying the ins and outs of zombie movies and scripts. Yeah! Oh, you laugh, but the last laugh shall be on you when a shambling undead tries to rip your head off mumbling bwaaaaaaaaains....! *sigh* shame I'm too old to go back to college!

Comments

Popular Posts