Baby broody

Maybe it's my impending 30th birthday... maybe it's my hormones... maybe it's the fact that everyone I know seems to be having babies... but I'm SO broody! On Tuesday my friends Kammy and Simon came over with 3 month old baby Harmony. No exaggeration, she probably cried for about 80% of her visit, but it didn't even grate on me! She's still beautiful. AND I even managed to make her laugh when I held her! Yay me! Her parents seemed surprised! And my friend Bibi has just given birth to one month old Hayley, who is absolutely lovely. A really pretty baby.

Then there's my cousin Connan, who has just had baby Molly with his wife Lisa on Wednesday. The first few photos appeared on facebook, and she's beautiful too! Now, lets be frank here, new born babies are, as a rule, ugly. Their faces are all squished up, they're all flaky and red. But I saw Molly and thought awwwww...!! So, obviously I have a BAD case of the broodys!

I've always loved babies, cooing over them on the bus. You should see me in Hong Kong! Being half Chinese perhaps makes me slightly biased but I do think Chinese babies are the cutest! Everwhere I go there's some cute-as-a-button baby bouncing around with dark eyes and pigtails sticking out the sides of her head. But it feels like all of a sudden a switch has been flicked on inside me and my head has been filled with babies! Everywhere I go there's pregnant women shoving their baby bumps at me, buggies of pink parcels of noise, dribble and cuddles. I'm even dreaming babies!

*sigh* obviously I won't be having a mini me any time soon, as my ring finger is still a little naked, and I know the boy will dress it with something sparkly when he's good and ready, and I'm not going to rush him as I think the worst thing a girl can do is push a guy into marriage (plus he never reads my blog so I can't be accused of being pushy!). So in the mean time I'll be patient and borrow all my friends kids!

Congratulations Kammy & Simon, Connan & Lisa and Bibi & Matt! Can I babysit??! Haha



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts