Farmville for iPhone has arrived!!

Yes, finally, after Zynga announcing at Apple's WWDC conference, what seems like aaaaaaaaaaages ago, that they will be launching a Farmville for iPhone app, it has hit the app store! Yes, regular readers will know how addicted I got to playing this stupid farming game on Facebook months ago, getting up at 8 am to harvest virtual pumpkins and shear pink sheep with heart shaped deely boppers, so it's a given that I naturally downloaded the app the instant it hit. I even reactivated my Farmville account on facebook last night in preparation. Never again will I fall foul of a withered melon, thanks to instant access on my iPhone.

Thank god it seems like Zynga have been smart enough to import my saved game from Facebook into the iPhone app, meaning I don't have to start from scratch... if I had, I think it would have been a deal breaker. After  months of building up a sprawling plot of fields, barns, houses and shops, there's no way I'd go back to 4 ploughed plot and a pig.

So far, game play looks pretty good, if a bit slow. When I first booted up, my pens of animals were replaced with a sea of 'loading' notifications. Whether that's a memory issue with the phone, or connectivity issue with O2 (who I have serious beef with right now, thanks to the pending abolishment of unlimited data on their tariffs, which is a WHOLE other post in itself).



Anyway,  once I have had a bit more time to have a play, I'l update this post. Goodbye spare time, hello farm! Yes, I know, I am extremely sad, but at least I'm not alone...

Comments

Popular Posts