it's app-auling!

As regular readers will know, I was a die hard Apple-hater. As a self confessed control freak, I LIKE the fact I can access the file systems in my PC. I LIKE to be able to access files that can break my PC if I move them. I always saw Apple as the manufacturer that saw it's users as idiots, babysitting them by restricting every single aspect of the user interface. But then, the sleek sly and smooth curves of the iphone enticed me, with its slick design, easy to use menus and amazing graphics.

Yes, I have defected. I ditched the cumbersome, buggy Nokia 5800 and gave in to the iphone! And, as much as I hate to admit that yes, sometimes I am wrong, but DAMN it's good! Ok, so it's frustrating that you can't change the ringtone without BUYING the track from itunes. And yes it's annoying that you can only use one application at a time, having to shut one down before starting up another. The battery isn't any better either, thanks to my apparent web addiction, it still needs charging every night (and once at work) just like my Nokia. BUT the interface is smooth and easy to use, the apps a hundred times better than anything you get on symbian, and the games have better graphics than anything I have played on my laptop. My twitter app doesn't crash like Gravity did on my Nokia. Facebook actually loads. AND the camera is better. No more grainy, gritty fuzzy photos.

So, dare I admit, Apple may the way forward? What have I learnt? Don't knock it til ya try it. I have a new best friend. My phone. *sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts