Beef and Guinness stew with dumplings

A few people have asked me for the recipe for this stew. This is one of my “crap I don’t know what to make tonight, Chuck it all in the slow cooker” go to recipes, and my husband’s favourite. It’s egg, dairy and soya free (nut free too I think!). 

Ingredients:
a pack of casserole beef
a bottle of Guinness
1 beef stock cube
chopped onion, carrot and swede (I used frozen casserole veg mix but you can also use fresh)

For the dumplings:
50g Atora beef suet
100g plain flour
Pinch of salt
5tbsp cold water 


Dump all the stew ingredients in to the slow cooker (literally I just chuck it all in, give it a stir, no browning the meat etc) and put it on high for 3-4 hours. Then 20-30 mins before you want to eat, make the dumplings according to the packet on the Atora beef suet pack (100g self raising flour, 50g suet, 5tbsp water and salt, mixed to a dough and rolled in to 6 dumplings and placed in the stew to cook for 20 mins before serving) 👍🏻 

Comments

Popular Posts