My first attempt at a birthday cake!

I can't believe my munchkin is going to be 3 this weekend. How time flies. This year it's all about Disney princesses, Frozen, Elsa and Anna, Rapunzel, Belle and Merida... So we're having a princess party at a local cafe. I wasn't even going to attempt a party at ours, what with a 10 week old and a father and brother in law over for 3 weeks from Hong Kong...!!! I did however brave cake making. Every year I've said I'll make a cake and not managed it, so this year I was determined to make one myself. SY is back on wheat now which made things simpler, and I got to say, I'm pretty chuffed with it! Ok so im not going to win any awards for it... I'll keep my application for Great British Bake Off a bit longer... the icing is bumpy and there's tears, but I don't think it'll be featuring on cake wrecks either! The home made cake toppers (I made them from Fimo so they're not edible!) probably make it look better than it is. I'm proud I managed to make her a cake anyway... I have memories of lots of amazing home made birthday cakes made by my mum as a kid... Care Bear castles... Humpty Dumpty, clocks... So now SY will have memories of home made cakes too! Maybe next year I'll attempt something more elaborate.... there's always Daisy's 1st birthday too!




Comments

Popular Posts