8 weeks/ week 9!

It's so confusing how baby books and websites date your pregnancy. First off they start counting from when you started your last period (which means I got pregnant exactly one month after my wedding haha!) when you actually ovulate two weeks after that and probably conceive anything up to another week after that! Then there's the week numbering... I am 8 weeks pregnant today (yay!) but in week 9 of my pregnancy. Confusing!

The past week most of my nausea and lack of appetite has disappeared and I started freaking out worrying if baby bean was ok and if something's gone wrong. I'm sure it hasn't and it's happily growing and moving around inside me, but I'm still worried. The booklet that came with my scan appointment (13th Feb! Eek! So excited I am wishing the next 5 weeks away just wanting it to be that date already!!) had tons of information on what they scan for... a laundry list of abnormalities and things that can go wrong, including the scan showing the baby has actually died and may have done so weeks beforehand. THAT little gem has had me losing sleep for a week now. I'm over analysing everything, worrying my lack of symptoms and feeling anything pregnant related means its all going to end. I started my pregnancy off refusing to associate myself with little bean in case something went wrong... but as the weeks have gone on I've slowly gotten used to being pregnant and started thinking about names, which room to redecorate... I'd be heart broken if anything happened to bean!! :(

Anyway today as I am now 8 weeks pregnant I decided to take another belly photo. This time in the morning pre food/liquid bloat. Not looking too huge yet... hopefully once I get back to work in Feb ill be able to pass it off as post Christmas fat! 

Comments

Popular Posts