Attack of the giant squid!

Never have I been so relieved that my alarm went off! Not sure why I keep having these craaaazy dreams but last night it was attack of the killer squid! I know what started this one off (unlike my worrying Kevin Costner dream the other week!)... It was that "inside natures giants" documentary where the dissected a giant squid.

So me and a few faceless friends were at this giant Hogwarts type stone castle, trying to excavate a fossiled giant squid from what looked a bit like a spa pool... as you do... just as we started to winch up the fossilised head, tentacles streamed out of the water, seeking it's prey! We'd disturbed a live giant squid! Screaming we all ran inside, but the tentacles were elastic and found their way in through windows and gaps in masonry. Petrified we sat motionless, crouched by a window (if you don't move it can't "see" you.... yes yes very Jurassic Park). A sucker found my head and latched on as I froze with horror, trying not to breathe or blink. My friends searched for something to dislodge the killer tentacle. (not too sure how I got free after this but anyway... I did! Yay me!).

The rest of the dream consisted of manic running around stone corridors being chased by sinewy calamari arms, dodging red thread that I'd apparently strung across passages to distract the killer tentacles (aren't I smart?!). I resorted to locking myself in a broom cupboard, crouching behind mops, buckets and a bike, then panicking thinking I couldn't stay here indefinitely as I'd starve to death, yet the second I ventured out I'd probably be dragged into the gaping sharp maw of the giant squid and slowly torn apart from the inside out (apparently watching that minnow get fed to the teeny tiny squid in a fish tank at some sealife centre on the TV scarred me subconsciously! I blame the TV presenter for stressing what a gruesome way to go it was, to be slowly shredded alive by a sharp squid beak with no escape *shudder*). My alarm, thank god, went off JUST as the tentacles dragged the door off my hiding place and a scream was forming in my throat!!

Needless to say I woke up traumatised. Annoyingly my boyfriend just laughed when I solemnly told him I'd had a horrific nightmare about giant squid chasing me through a castle! Humph!

No more natural history documentaries for me! My imagination can't take the horror!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts