A dairy free Christmas

The Being dairy free at Christmas SUCKS. No cheese. No baileys. No chocolate. No cream cakes or custard. It's even harder when you're soya free too...! I'm ok with dairy but my 3 year old is CMPI and I'm breastfeeding a suspected CMPI baby so I've cut it out of my diet, which to be honest hasn't bothered me until Christmas! So here's my little list of goodies I discovered which have made my Christmas bearable! 

Aldi treats 

Aldi is a treasure trove of dairy free treats! Their mince pies are dairy and soya free. Their take on a giant toblerone and their and Jaffa cakes are also safe. I also found a dark chocolate reindeer for the 3 year old!






Tesco

Tesco do a few free from desserts which are dairy and soya free although their pricey! Their mint thin chocolates are also safe! 



Puff pastry tear and share Christmas tree

This was a recipe I found on Facebook. I bought some jus roll puff pastry, rolled it out and smeared della nonna dairy free pesto over half of it and folded it in half, cut out a tree shape and twisted the branches. Glaze it with beaten egg and bake at 180c for 25 mins. Tadaa!


Dairy free pavlova

Mum made a fantastic pavlova with whipped coconut cream. Same basic recipe just replace whipped cream for a carton of coconut cream whipped until it's light and fluffy. 


I'll be adding to this post as I discover more treats and recipes so bookmark me, check back and watch this space!
 

Comments

Popular Posts