3 weeks in....

Ahh those hazy newborn days... I'm 2 (or is it 3??) weeks in and I haven't washed my hair in days, haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time (or at all in 24 hours some days!), I'm covered in sour breast milk stains and spend most of my day ping ponging (is that a thing? Sod it it is now) between a very hungry newborn who wants boobie milk every hour and an almost 3 year old who has become very angry and aggressive... sounds hideous doesn't it? BUT. It's not. First week hubs went back to work I was dreading the morning routine, but it went ok. Ok so I spend most of my day feeding one child or the other, but having Mum help out has been a god send and although I'm exhausted, I feel like it's not where near as hard as it was last time round. I don't feel resentful (yes I admit I resented how everything had changed last time but a lot of that had to do with the tough time we had with SY), I feel quite positive and sure that once I get Daisy's crazy insatiable appetite under control and she's feeding a little less frequently, I'll be able to cope ok with two kids (admittedly Im conscious that you need to ask me this again in a months time and I may be a frazzled mess). 

So for now, while BOTH kids are asleep, I'm going to umm and ahh between drinks a HOT cup of tea and having a nap before one wakes up. It's the little things....!


Comments

Popular Posts