1 month old already!

Wow time flies! Daisy is already a month old. It's been tough, no denying it, but I feel like I'm coping miles better second time round, mainly because I keep thinking how quick time passes and she'll be so much bigger before I know it (and the fact that mum has been helping me loads!)! She's still feeding every half an hour to an hour, which is pretty exhausting to say the least! I don't think I've ever been this sleep deprived, even when SY was born. Yesterday I was so tired I felt physically sick and almost cried I just wanted a couple of hours uninterrupted sleep! 

Daisy's feeding has me convinced she has symptoms of tongue tie due to noisy feeding, falling asleep feeding after 5 minutes, feeding so frequently etc, but I had 10+ midwives say her latch is fine. I even went to a breast feeding clinic AND paid £50 for a lactation consultant privately who all said no tongue tie... So when I went to get her weighed on Thursday and the health visitor said can I feel in her mouth and confirmed she thinks she has a posterior tongue tie, I was half relieved someone finally listened to me and had annoyed i'd wasted weeks of time and my own money when I was right! I'm praying once we get the referral and she gets it snipped, her feeding will improve. Also took her to the craniosteopath yesterday so fingers crossed that helps too (although so far she's been worse if anything, fussing and crying on the boob and being generally very restless and agitated!). I also think I'm seeing warning signs of silent reflux... Twice today in her sleep she started gagging and retching like she was about to vomit but swallowed it back down again. Praying to god she doesn't have it but if she does I'll be insisting on treatment ASAP! 

As for SY, I've pinpointed her tantrums and extreme behaviour down to two things, hunger and tiredness. Adjusting has been hard for her and it's upset her sleep massively with several wakings at night taking ages to get her to stop crying and go back to sleep. You can pretty much guarantee if she's woken up that night, you're going to have your hands full the next day. That said she's been loads better and she's very affectionate with Daisy, calling her darling and kissing her head loads. She likes helping me change her nappy and bath her. It's a blessing she's not taking any jealousy out in her little sister. 

I have to keep pinching myself to remind me that in now a mummy to two. Can't imagine what it'll be like once they're bigger, but for now I'll enjoy the baby cuddles and toddler kisses! 




Comments

Popular Posts