Why I LOVE HK!

My recent trip to Hong Kong has just reconfirmed how much I love it for SHOPPING!! Everything is SO cheap! Apple products included!! I have finally invested in my first Apple MacBook Pro. I planned to buy a 13" MacBook Pro with 500gb hard drive and 8gb ram and i7 Intel core, along with a 1tb LaCie rugged hard drive. In the UK online Apple store, everything all together would have cost me £1638.95. I bought a 4gb ram version MacBook Pro, got the extra 4gb ram from a separate store, and the hard drive from another shopping centre and ended up saving £600!! I got everything for £1000! CRAZY! I am now in the process of beautifying my new baby with PINK accessories... much to my future hubby's despair (I think he was planning on borrowing my new MacBook but now can't thanks to the fuchsia pink keys heh heh...).
Other bargainous purchases included my veil which we got for a crazy £20 instead of the UK price of £150, and our wedding rings! We also bought a humungous rice cooker in preparation for hubby-to-be's parents visit, which was an amazing £15!!

Food is also ridiculously cheap... hubby-to-be eats like a horse and in HK you can get a sirloin steak chips, chicken soup (the thing under the puff pastry) and a drink for around $45 (about £3.50) at Cafe de Coral. Yum. I opted for a smaller portion of noodle soup, chicken wing and french toast with maple syrup. mmmmm..... I swear if I lived in Hong Kong I would be the size of a house! 

*sigh* I wish everything was as cheap in London! I think his parents are in for a nasty shock when they come to visit us! Definitely NOT taking them to China Town for duck and rice. It's about triple the HK price in London and they'll have a heart attack! hehe.

Comments

Popular Posts