Pearls of wisdom

Walking down the stairs at Blackfriars station this morning, I automatically take my hands out my pockets. Why? Because my mother told me never to walk down stairs with them buried in my pockets. If I trip and fall, i won't be able to catch myself and will probably crack my head open. I have no idea when she told me this, but like so many other things she told me, it stuck. This got me thinking about what other pearls of wisdom I'd pass on to my kids when I have them....

1. Always have tissue on you. There's nothing worse than listening to someone with a runny nose continually sniffing (and I can vouch for that after years of commuting in cold and flu riddled train carriages!!).
2. Always put toilet paper on the toilet seat of public loos. You don't want to sit on something someone else's bare bum has touched.
3. Never go to someones home empty handed. Always take something with you, no matter how small.
4. You must always have something green on your plate at dinner.
5. Money isn't everything, but it helps. You don't need a lot, but you need enough.
6. If you can't manage everything on your plate, make sure you eat the meat, leave the rest. Finish the most nutritious bits (constant battles at dinner time when I was a kid!).
7. Always say please and thank you. Always send thank you notes for gifts, or make a thank you phone call.
8. Never go to sleep on an argument (or leave the house without making up... that's my one!).



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts