I'm engaged!!!


What a wonderful 30th birthday! Yes, after promising that he'd make an honest woman of me before I'm 30, he got down on one knee on my birthday and proposed! I can't believe it! I'm getting married!!

The boy done good... he asked permission from my parents, albeit not particularly formally... (he told Mum his plan as they strolled down Bromley high street and Dad gave his blessing in TKMaxx. Classy!) and remembered my ring size (how could he forget it when I kept asking him if he remembered haha!). The ring is perfect, fits just right and the diamond is not too big or small for my tiny hands! He took me to a nice French restaurant after work and then had planned to propose on a champagne ride on the London Eye. Unfortunately we got there 5 minutes late and the jobsworth at the bottom wouldn't let us on. So he suggested we walk down a little and take some photos of us in front of the wheel, where we had our first date. Luckily I unwittingly set him up for his proposal, bending down to get a shot of him and the wheel and then passing my phone to him to do the same. He got down on one knee.... and produced a ring!! To be honest, I don't remember what he said after that because I started crying, so it's all a bit of a blur... although I remember the words babies and princess. Aww.

The journey home was spent noisily on the phone to Lavern, who repeatedly screamed and squealed so loud I think the whole carriage could hear (hilarious haha!!) and lots of texts to my closest friends and family.

So turning 30 turned out to be the best birthday yet! I am over the moon!! Now pass me those wedding magazines!! Eek!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Bill (葛威) said…
Congratulations. Reading this brings back memories for me. Happiness spreads.
Mixed Race UK said…
That's great news. :D

Your story is on the first page of our website.

Best wish for a happy future together

Mixed Race UK
Nitsy Balboa said…
oh my days, i only just read this, congratulations!!! =D that's a great way to turn 30, i'm 30 this summer too and hope it's going to be just as happy as yours! <3

Popular Posts