Cornflour dough Xmas decorations


So having a 4 month old and a 3 year old means crafts to entertain the oldest need to be quick and easy as my littlest demands to be fed every 1 1/2 hours.... so when I found a recipe for cornflour dough I thought PERFECT! Madam helped me measure out the ingredients and watched me cook it on the stove and we had great fun cutting out the shapes (playdoh is her favourite toy of all time). This activity has been fab as she now has a tray of baked decorations which she's now colouring in with felt tips (paint and glitter would probably look nicer but I can't face the mess! It was bad enough clearing up the cornflour off the sofa, floor, carpet etc after rolling it out and cutting shapes out!). I think next time I'll turn the oven right down as the edges of some caught slightly but as were colouring them in and not keeping them white it doesn't matter so much.


1 cup bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup cornflour
3/4 cup water

Mix together in a pan and heat over a low flame until the mixture thickens and looks like mash. Cool down then knead on a (corn)floured surface. Roll out and use cookie cutters (or playdoh cutters like we did!) to cut out shapes. Don't forget to pierce holes for strong to hang them up! Bake on a tray for 1 hour at 175c turning them over half way through!


Comments

Popular Posts