Facebook hater & Twitter luvvies

I haven't blogged much recently due to being swamped with life in general... work, photography, home making, cooking etc etc... so I'm well overdue a good old blog rant! Yes it's gonna be one of those posts people... so mosey on to another website if you're going to take offence. Today in my crosshairs are two types of people from two types of social media. Let me begin venting with the first... Facebook ranters.

We all have them in our facebook friend list. Those people who feel the need to rant and rave about how much they hate a person, how they "see through them" and "don't need the fakeness in their lives" yada yada... but never name the object of their scorn. Oooh it irritates the hell out of me, for two reasons. One, if someone you're friends with on facebook is fake, back stabbing, scheming and generally the type of person you want to push off a cliff.... why on EARTH are you friends with them on facebook in the first place?! In fact, why are you friends with them at all?? And why do you feel the need to publicly declare how much you despise them and their apparent lack of social skills?! Secondly, if you're going to mouth off about someone online, at least have the balls to say who it is (so all us nosey buggers subjected to your ranting crap can see who you're ranting about!). My facebook timeline is continually flooded with rubbish like "I know I'm a bigger person than you, I will succeed in showing you for who you truly are... I know who my real friends are" or something equally preschool. Gives me visions of some self righteous wally waving a short sword on a battle field shouting "I WILL PREVAIL!". Seriously people, if you really want to out someone for not being genuine or a true friend, let their actions speak for themselves! And remove them from your facebook account! Stop making my eyes bleed with idiotic phrases I would expect a 16 year old girl to post up after a bust up with her not so BFF after she found out she kissed the guy she fancied! So WHAT if someone is bad mouthing you? So WHAT if they're a crappy friend? Ignore it or DEAL with it! I'm tired of staring at your negativity! ick!

Second on my hit list are Twitter luvvies... this is my nickname for Twitter users who go to the opposite extreme to facebook ranters. These people (who, now I think about it, could possibly be the people facebook ranters are, er, ranting about) publicly big up other Twitter users... "hey @someobscurename you look FAB loving the look in your pic, you're gorgeous, MWAH MWAH *air kiss*" which is publicly replied to with equal gushy luvvie-ness. Pass me a bucket!! Ok ok I may ocassionally send the odd tweet praising a fellow twitterer... but if it's gonna be a whole sickly "you're the best", "no, YOURE the best", "no no YOURE the bestest everrrr" type situation, I'll save it for email... Ok ok that's a lie, I never kiss ass to that extent... BUT if I did, it wouldn't be on Twitter, causing a slight gagging reflex from my fellow twitter followers due to a social media suckfest... Get a room people!

And don't let me start on people and their spelling...!

Phew! Ok, now I got that off my chest, I'm off to take some of my own advice and do some housekeeping of my own... err if your facebook or Twitter friend list count drops by one, well, you know why! ;)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Anonymous said…
been there done that... I had to even delete one website, because of the BS. I also tore it down due to gross perves asking me to view their ahem so called manly parts... I did a whole vent blog about your penis does not impress me... I'm glad to see others out here that are not afraid to speak their mind... it is refreshing keep it up!
Unknown said…
hey, whats ure profession ? i like your writings.
Sweetpea said…
@Jonathan: thanks! I'm in marketing/photography :)

Popular Posts