Shopkins vegan birthday cake

Another year another birthday cake! D is 2 next week and we're celebrating a week early as we're having a joint BBQ celebration with dad, my uncle, my aunt, my grandma and my cousin. D loves shopkins (and is allowed to play with them now she's stopped putting them in her mouth!) so I thought I'd have a bash at a shopkins birthday cake. It came out ok, wobbly on the sides, icing sugar dusty and not very well finished, but both kids can eat it, so I'm happy!

I used my banana loaf cake recipe if anyone wants to try it. The cake is fairly sturdy (some of the other cake recipes I tried are too fragile to hold icing). http://scrambledeggsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/vegan-banana-loaf-cake.html









I also made a cake for everyone else combined, and 24 cupcakes, all from the same recipe. It's dairy, egg, nut and soya free so SY can eat it too!











Comments

Popular Posts