Typical day in the life of a mum

How's my day been so far...? Well, earlier I was sat in the car waiting to go in to school for parents evening, ridiculously early because I needed D to nap beforehand, when SY says she needs a wee ASAP (after a huge argument before we left because she refused to go to the toilet despite me insisting she'll ask once we're out). So I grab the portable potty. It's glued shut. With what I'm not sure. She's doing the wee wee dance in the front seat, in trying to pry the goddamn potty open. Cue lots of tussling with the potty while I eyeball my 4 year old who already has her pants down and is yelling at me to be quick and hurry up! When I do, we're hit with the stink of MONTHS old wee that's been festering in the potty because no one emptied the sodding thing! Now what! Shove half a box of tissue over the stench, shove her on the potty before she wees all over the car seat, and she proceeds to do a massive nasty POO! ARGH. Wipe her down, close the lid on the potty. Shove it in the back. 5 mins later, she needs to wee AGAIN. ARGH. Repeat. Gag. Make it in to parents evening appointment on time, despite getting to the school gate and realising we forgot the piece of work SY did for her teacher this morning and having to go back to the car to get it. FFS.

Fast forward to remembering to empty the disgusting potty once we're home. Tip the DISGUSTING contents down the loo. Flush the loo and disinfect the potty. Loo starts filling up. Flush again and it fills even further. FFS. Now there's rank poo and tissue and barf worthy brown water filling up to the top of the bowl. Grab the toilet brush, jab it around, proceed to just make the blockage worse and compact the poo and tissue further down the loo. I end up having to shove a hand elbow deep in months old wee and runny poo down the u bend to unblock the piles of loo roll I had shoved in the potty to prevent the loo from over spilling all over the toilet floor.

God anyone who says staying at home is easier does NOT HAVE KIDS. 😱

I've disinfected my arm and hand about 10 times and I'm still paranoid there's poo particles on me 🤢🤢🤢



Comments

Popular Posts