Eccentricities

So I was going about my usual daily routine today when I suddenly stopped myself and realised.... I'm a little bit OCD. There's all these tiny little insignificant silly things that I do, for silly reasons that in my head make sense but written down probably seem utterly nonsensical, and it got me thinking... What other crazy habits do I inconciously have?! 

Let me give you the example that got me thinking in the first place. Toilets. I realised that whenever I step into the toilets at work, I never go into the first cubicle. In fact, I routinely avoid the first THREE cubicles. In my head, I consider the odds are that the first 3 get used most frequently, which grosses me out, so I will automatically head for either the middle or further along end cubicles reasoning them to be less dirty as they're less heavily used! I feel a bit of a Sheldon Cooper writing that and getting it out there!

Then there's my refusal to breathe when a sweaty jogger runs past... as I have this suspicion that smell is due to small particles of whatever you're smelling floating into your nose and I have no desire to breathe in someone else's bodily fluids! So I always hold my breath until they're well past me and I deem it safe to breathe again! This spoof ad just proves my point...! 


I'm sure I have a load more OCD habits which I haven't even realised. What OCD tendencies do you have?! 



Comments

Popular Posts