Green fingers

Who knew if enjoy gardening?! I loathed our "garden" at our old flat. I say "garden" as it was more akin to a jungle, with waist height grass and dog poo from our neighbours dog. Fast forward to our new house and I'm willingly outside on all fours pulling up weeds and de-slugging the plants. There's a certain satisfaction.from pulling up a flower bed of weeds. Something akin to squeezing a good spot. No? Just me? Er ok. Aaaaaanyway.... yesterday I invested in my first pair of gardening gloves. A sure fire sign that I'm becoming a house proud middle aged mum. Gah! I was getting sick of being scratched to death by rose thorns and stung to blazes by stinging nettles! Anyway, I'm quite proud of my handy work so far! Trellis up for the jasmine (I bloody hope that's jasmine I've just trained up our fence! If it's not, I've just spent money on encouraging a dirty great weed to grow!), flowers planted in the rockery and slugs and snails hunted down and destroyed (ok hands up I didn't kill them. I feel guilty. I just chucked them in the compost bin. Ok it's not a compost bin. It's a black bin I chucked all my garden waste in because I didn't know where else to chuck it. Kind of like kicking all your dirty laundry under the bed. You know you'll have to deal with it at some point but out of sight out of mind!). I feel like I'm spending more time browsing eBay and amazon for gardening tools than I am clothes and jewellery these days. Yesterday hubs and I chose to spend our day off at the garden centre browsing plants and garden furniture (resulting in a rather rash it very exciting impulse buy of a huge swing seat for the patio! My only excuse was that it was reduced by £120 and was a BARGAIN!).  I'm definitely turning into a middle aged mum. But hey ho, I'll embrace it! 

Comments

Popular Posts