Welcome to the family Bert & Ernie!

On a recent trip to a garden centre, I had one of my typical urges and got it into my head that it would be fantastic for the munchkin to get some pet goldfish. She loves looking at them in the aquarium at Coolings and Polhill garden centres and every kid deserves to have a goldfish that they ultimately never look after and eventually flush down the loo, right? We'll trust me, these goldfish are not going anywhere near a toilet for the next decade* after what I've paid! What started as an impulse, ended up in a very expensive £80 bashing to my plastic card! I got my heart set on cloud goldfish (because they're gorgeous and normal goldfish wouldn't cut it for me...) and they apparently wouldn't be suited to the small tanks, so the next best thing was a £35 Peppa Pig aquarium. Ker-ching! Then I had to buy water treatments, food, plants (bye bye £15!) and the two goldfish at £5 each... then I ummed and ahhed about getting the additional light for the tank, but hubs said if you're going to spend all that money on fish you might as well make it perfect, so another £15 disappeared! £85 spent on 2 bloody goldfish! What happened to the days of goldfish bought at the fun fair and bunged into a glass bowl?! Mind you, that's probably why they ended up down the U bend.... 

Let's face it, the fish were more for me than the munchkin, but I love looking at them! They're so calming! 

So welcome to the family Bert & Ernie! Let's hope you live a very long time! 

*did you know goldfish can live up to 10 years if they're looked after properly?! All those goldfish, flushed into the sewers well before their time. I never knew....! 


Comments

Popular Posts