7 weeks old & getting cuter by the day

My little munchkin is now 7 weeks old and getting cuter (and fatter) by the day. She still cries when I'm at home on my own (and is a total angel when I have guests or am out visiting friends, making me look like a complete liar when I say she's a fussy nightmare!) and keeps me awake all night making grunting noises rubbing her eyes and wriggling like mad in her Moses basket, but I'm minding the lack of sleep and crying less and less.

Yesterday I braved public transport and ventured in to work to meet my colleagues for lunch and show off munchkin to the office. She was a total hit with the marketing team, being passed around and snuggling up to Lucy's ample bosom (she was very cosy!). I'm biased but it's so nice to see everyone else go all gooey and say she's super cute! As usual she was as good as gold, but did do a spectacular puke after her feed at Peggy's desk. Gross. Lucky it wasn't projectile! Quite proud of myself for making it in to town and back in one piece with a 7 week old and buggy! Felt like superwoman! Ha! Who knew a simple trip to London would feel such an achievement! Oh how kids change your life haha!

She's developed a very annoying habit in the past week which I was really worried she's perform whilst I was in the office (luckily she waited til I got home). She goes bright red, makes a grunting/straining noise, and forces out her poos with such force that they shoot out the sides, front and/or back of her nappies, all up the insides of her babygrows! Then I have to tackle cleaning her up without her kicking her legs in the poo as I change her nappy and getting the poo splattered clothes off her without smearing the disgusting stuff over her even more than it already is. Trust me, it's a true skill, especially when your subject is a wriggly squirmy and most likely bawling baby! This morning I was having my morning natter with her on my lap and before I knew it, there was a nice patch of smelly mustard coloured baby poo all over my PJs. Nice. That's one way of making me get up and dressed! Thanks munchkin!!

Comments

Popular Posts