Pregnancy glow?! I don't think so!

So... apparently you're supposed to get this pregnancy "glow" in the second trimester... only I think my skin missed the memo. My face seems to have been rewound 15 years back to when I was a spotty teen. My arms and back are now a pimply mess. Thank goodness for my makeup I bought for the wedding (I splurged on the good stuff). MAC makeup concealer & foundation have become my two best friends! I hope the "glow" comes soon... a few people have commented I look blooming but to be honest I think at the moment I just look fat and spotty! My face has filled out and I look decidedly rounder!

I'm 14 weeks today, and for someone who is 3 months pregnant in showing a lot. Friday was hubby's bank's annual black tie Chinese new year dinner. I got a lot of well wishes and congratulations... most of which were from people who spotted my growing bump! I still don't FEEL particularly pregnant though, aside from the continuing bloating and indigestion. I'm waiting to feel little bean kick I think. Maybe that will make it feel all more real. I know it's probably a bit early but it still doesn't stop me lying in bed every night, concentrating very very hard with me eyes closed, trying to feel any movement. Problem is, I've never been pregnant before so I has no idea what I'm looking out for, and a lot of the activity in my abdomen I AM feeling could very well be wind! Oh well, I'm sure I'll know it when I feel it!

Comments

Popular Posts