I'm discomgoogolated....

Today, I am going all out on the geekiness stakes... my friend sent me this PDF about the offline vs online world, and new innovations to combine the two. In addition, today's recent story on Sky news about the British being 'addicted' to the internet (which funnily even has an official term now, 'discomgoogolation'), made me unable to resist blogging some of my favourite examples. Everyone who knows me knows I am a true example of a discomgoogolated person, who can't live without email, the internet, and (sadly) facebook... but even I won't be escalating my online addiction by purchasing any of these items.

Keyboard jeans
  

Never be without a keyboard ever again... these 'fashionable' jeans combine fashion and technology with a handy full size keyboard sewn into the crotch of the denim. Why?! I am asking myself... in theory it doesn't even make sense... if you require a keyboard when you're out and about, surely you'll be connecting that keyboard wirelessly to a laptop you have with you, which in turn will already HAVE a keyboard surely?! And who in their right mind wants to be sitting in public typing away at their crotch? From the right (or should I say wrong!) angle, you're going to get very strange stares and possibly concerned mothers pulling their small children away from your vicinity... clever idea, possibly not all that well thought out!

USB wedding rings


The designer describes these as "A wedding set for the unconventional! The female ring has a choice of four opaque colors: turquoise, white, orange or black. The male ring stands tall and dramatically transparent. The world is your technological oyster.”

Do I really need to say more? AND they're apparently sold out. The world truely HAS gone mad....

Youtube enabled camcorder

This JVC camcorder comes complete with a 'upload to youtube' swanky button, so you can record your video blog, clips, jackass stylee stunts, or anything else you'd wish to share with millions of people online in an instant. It also limits the clip sizes to 10 minutes so your clips conform with youtube's maximum file size limits. I'm assuming you'd need to be in a wireless hotspot to upload... but not too sure how much of a wise idea instant youtube uploading really is... split second decisions may be regretted once the world has seen you splat across the pavement as your friend wets themselves with laughter when you try out the newest skateboard stunt...

You can read the rest of the wonderful techy ideas here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
u know the rings aren't usb right? looks like rj45.. and the source isnt really right either.. cat 5 is the cable and rj45 is the connector on the ends
Sweetpea said…
NOW who's the geek....

:P
Anonymous said…
shhh!!

cant help it.. used to work with the stuff

Popular Posts