Attack of the baby brain

Anyone who says "baby brain" doesn't exist, is an idiot. It definitely does. Last time I was pregnant I made some spectacularly out of character f ups... including getting a train to Blackfriars yet ending up in Eynsford! http://scrambledeggsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/errrr-this-isn-blackfriars.html

This time round I haven't made too many idiot mistakes, which is a blessing when you're legally responsible for a toddler, but today I definitely made up for that. I decided to make a couple of lasagnes for the freezer (batch cooking and freezing meals is a MUST for the first few weeks of looking after a newborn!), so first thing I did was make a tomato sauce.... and peel, boil and mash 1/2 kilo of POTATOES. Obviously I now realise that lasagne does NOT contain mash potato, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to why I decided to make a HUGE pan of mash.... All I can say is it's an attack of the dreaded baby brain (which by the way never REALLY goes away...). Doh. So, anyone have any bright ideas what to do with a huge pot of mash that doesn't involve making yet more bolognaise or white sauce??!


Comments

Popular Posts